The SEAPOWER project has the objective of promoting the collaborative research and development of technologies [+]
Offshore wind energy
SENER provides solutions for offshore wind farms with monopiles or floating foundations. Our capabilities cover the full range of services in a wind farm project:
- Permitting & Feasibility studies
- Metocean & Wind resource
- Mooring & Dynamic cable analysis
- Simulation of offshore turbines
- Design of monopiles & TP
- Design of floating foundations
- Owner’s Engineering Services
- Construction Management and Commissioning
Advantages of the Offshore wind energy
- Offshore wind energy is a renewable and inexhaustible resource.
- The wind resource existing in the sea is of a higher quality than the produced on land:
- The constant wind speed allows offshore wind farms to have a longer working period, producing energy all day long.
- The combination of a highest average wind speed and the economy of scale allows the installation of large size turbines and, consequently, improve performance.
- Offshore wind generation facilities are closer to consumption areas.
- The visual and acoustic impact is lower.
SENER is involved in a large floating offshore wind farm that COBRA is building 15 [+]
Framework Agreements to support the development of IBERDROLA’s Offshore Wind Projects in Europe. These agreements include [+]
Permitting projects for new Offshore Wind Farms (OWFs) in the Spanish waters according to R.D. [+]